24H Reliable Rekeying Locks Services In Oxfordshire, UK
Rekeying a lock service near me in Oxfordshire, UK
Do you live in Oxfordshire and need a professional lock rekeying service? No matter why you might need your locks changed, it’s important to get the job done right. Rekeying locks is a vast task that needs to be handled by professionals who understand all aspects of the process. At homes Locksmith Oxford, we provide top-rated lock rekeying services that are safe, secure and efficient – leaving you with peace of mind knowing your property is perfectly protected. Read on to discover more about what our professional team can do for you!
Why you should rekey your locks in Oxfordshire
If you are living in Oxfordshire, there is a high probability that your home may have been previously occupied by other people. This means that the locks on your doors may have been used by other people as well. This can be a major security risk and it is important to safeguard your home from intruders and burglars. Rekeying your locks is an effective way to ensure the security of your home as it makes sure that any pre-existing keys will no longer work on your locks.
1. You just moved into a new home
The previous homeowners may still have keys to your home, which could put you at risk of burglary. By rekeying your locks, you can ensure that only you and your family have access to your home.
2. You recently had a break-in
If your home was broken into, the perpetrator may still have a key to your home. Rekeying your locks will prevent them from being able to enter your home again.
3. You lost your keys
If you’ve lost your keys, there’s no telling who may find them and try to enter your home. By rekeying your locks, you can rest assured that only you and those you trust have access to your home.
4. You’re worried about key duplication
If you’re concerned that someone may have duplicated your keys without your knowledge, rekeying your locks is the best way to ensure that only you have a key to your home.
5. You want to change the look of your locks
Rekeying your locks is a great way to change the look of your door without having to replace the entire lock set.
Process of Rekeying a lock
- Remove the old lock cylinder. To do this, insert the key and turn it to the “unlock” position. Then, use a small screwdriver to remove the retaining ring that holds the cylinder in place.
- Install the new lock cylinder. To do this, insert the new cylinder into the hole in the door where the old one was located. Then, use a small screwdriver to install the retaining ring that will hold it in place.
- Install the new keys. To do this, insert the new keys into the keyway of the new lock cylinder and turn them to the “unlock” position.
- Test the new lock cylinder. To do this, insert the key and turn it to the “lock” position. Then, try to operate the door handle. If it is difficult to turn or if it feels like it is going to break, then you will need to adjust the strike plate.
- Adjust the strike plate. To do this, loosen the screws that hold it in place and move it until it is aligned with the new lock cylinder. Then, retighten the screws and test the door handle again.
How much the cost to rekey a lock in Oxfordshire
The cost of a Fiat key will depend on the model and type of key. We can provide you with an upfront quote for our services to make sure you get the best value for your money.
What to do if lost my house keys
Don’t panic. Our experienced locksmiths can provide a lock rekeying service in Oxfordshire.